http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1&begaming_website_session=28a055e2c1b38f2300ba05d4ddab8f38
> Not exactly windows but I dont know how many games you
> have. ;)
> There are a few new emulators getting about for the pc
> the one above also has a OSX port.
>
> >just does not look all that great.  I think I'm at least
> >2/3 of the way through the game - I have two parts of
> the
> >Scion thingie :).

Actually I do have DOSBox installed on the Sempron 2200.
 However, another of the games I wanted to play (System
Shock) doesn't like it too much.  Apparently it wants to
check for the CD.

As to how many games I have, several hundred.  I've been
collecting them since 1988.  It's way too easy to amass a
large pile of them if you relegate yourself to the
discount/used software bins.  The last game I bought new
for over $30 was Half-Life.

> :) I have some time off, sometime ago I came accross some
> video drivers for emulation I cant remember if they where
> for vpc or the dos card, they would have been voodoo
> drivers, regardless I have time to install the card into
> another mac along with the voodoo3 and test a couple of
> things.
>
> >It even plays well when not using the Voodoo 2 card - it
> >
> >>On a gaming note, am I the only person who has a very
> >>dark screen when running. OpenGL games on a mac? We
> have
> >>tried other monitors and various extensions with little
> >>real improvement, the gamma option in some games helps
> >>bit. Its rather annoying to have a nice bright screen
> >>under emulation to then try the mac version and have
> most
> >>games to dark to play.
> >>

> >I'll have to look through my Mac CDs for some games to
> try
> >that with.  I have some, but precious few use OpenGL.
> >

> Quake2 and Diablo 2 have the same problem, both are very
> playable if you could see more, niether are very bright
> games which doesnt help there are a few more - thanks, I
> wonder if the dos cards video cable ..... something to
> try.

I just finished Quake 2 along with Mission Pack 1 and 2
under OS X.  That machine uses software rendering because
it still uses the built-in video.  Supposedly the developer
of the OS X executable also has an OS 9 one as well.

My DOS video cable is slightly off - it has to be in a
certain position to show the correct colors.