Hi Stuart,

I feel your pain, but don't discard your precious photos just yet. There are new photo enhancing innovations all the time. For example last fall, Adobe demonstrated a new unblur technology that brought gasps from the crowd. Many are hoping it will be included in the next generation of Photoshop.
http://hexus.net/ce/news/cameras/32134-adobe-unblur-technology-one-click-sharpen-images/

Until then, here's what Photoshop can do. To enlarge photos without losing resolution, I find it's a high-wire act between four Photoshop techniques:

1. Unsharp Mask (under filters)

2. Noise reduction (under filters)

2. High Pass
http://www.madrasgeek.com/2009/10/how-to-unblur-picture-in-photoshop-five.html

3. And increasing the photo size gradually, 10% at a time
http://www.depiction.net/tutorials/photoshop/upscaleimages.php

I've had some luck using these in tandem.

Hope this helps,
Jane



On 2/11/12 11:17 AM, stuartungar wrote:
When I went to Hungary, I took a decent camera, but also used my iPod touch to 
take photos. Now I find some of my favorite shots were from the iPod and are 
pretty low resolution. I was hoping to enlarge one to nearly poster size, but 
am thinking it will pixelate and look awful. Are there any tricks to bump up 
the resolution on photos like these? Or, was this just a lesson learned?  : (

Thanks,
Stuart



_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup




_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to