The one that was attached to one of the msgs ended with .tiff. That is the
one I was talking about. It was of a man & woman. From my understanding,
tiff is similar to RAW. It is very memory intensive but can be zoomed up
without distortion. I work a lot with old documents and I always save them
in tiff. Then I can zoom in on things I am having a hard time reading.

Nora

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM, John Robinson <[email protected]>wrote:

> Nora,
>
> How can you tell it was in Tif format?  The photo was emailed to me, it
> was in horrible shape, so overexposed but I corrected inside Aperture and
> the metadata says it's a jpg.  (see below).   Once it was printed I needed
> to show some of my classmates on the activities committee what I was going
> to be doing so I took a photo in RAW format with a Canon, then sent the jpg
> version of that for their approval.  What I sent today was a screenshot of
> a portion of the entire photo.  I am interested in what made this a tif
> format?  I know very little (very little) about all this so I am trying to
> learn from those that do know.
>
> John
>
>
>
>
> On Feb 12, 2012, at 7:11 PM, Nora Probasco wrote:
>
> I note one important piece of info here, John. You saved it in tif format
> which tends to hold its properties when jpg doesn't.  Nora
>
> On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM, John Robinson <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> MacGroup mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MacGroup mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup
>
>
_______________________________________________
MacGroup mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.math.louisville.edu/mailman/listinfo/macgroup

Reply via email to