Kinda depends on who "us" is.

If "us" is "me" it means "we" have a much more stable, mature, closer
to state of the art, well-supported development environment.

If "us" is Joe mac user on the street who plays a couple games, uses an
office suite, browses the web and farts around with MIDI a bit then I
don't think I'd recommend the outlay.

Personally I think the stability, speed increase, and feature set are
noticeable.  But that may be because I'm looking for them.  But I don't
really care enough to evangelize (sp?).