For the archives, I thought I'd post the resolution to this. It turns out
that when I installed ImageMagick through Fink, it must have gone ahead
and installed the perl module into /sw/lib. So when I followed Randal's
instructions and installed PerlMagick into /Library/Perl/darwin, I was
installing a second (and apparently conflicting) copy of the module.

I got rid of the module in /sw/lib, and now my PerlMagick installation
no longer gives me dyld errors when I run a test script.

--
David Dierauer
Database Programmer