On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 12:43:43PM +0200, Marek Stepanek wrote:

> But perhaps this list could help me, to get @INC and $PERL5LIB clean of
> /sw ... How is it possible, that I have $PERL5LIB set to
>
> %ENV:
>     PERL5LIB="/sw/lib/perl5:/sw/lib/perl5/darwin"
>
> in [my .profile] I only have one line:
>
>       test -r /sw/bin/init.sh && . /sw/bin/init.sh

So you're wondering where the /sw/wibble is coming from, and you've
found something mentioning /sw/wibble in your .profile.  D'you think
they might be related?

Several fixes come to mind:

1. delete that line from .profile.  This will, however, prevent anything
   else that it does from happening.

2. edit /sw/bin/init.sh to prevent it from messing with PERL5LIB.

3. save PERL5LIB before that line and restore it afterwards.

4. just set PERl5LIB to whatever you fancy after that line.  This will,
   however, mean that you override any changes that may be made to your
   startup files elsewhere at a later date.

      Blessed are the pessimists, for they test their backups