On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:11 AM, John Delacour <j...@bd8.com> wrote:
> At 10:38 -0400 10/06/2011, Sherm Pendley wrote:
>
>>  > What would be the effect of setting a value (or no value) for PERL5LIB
>> in
>>>
>>>  ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist?
>>
>> That plist is for setting up environment variables for GUI apps. It
>> has no effect on shell sessions.
>
> Obviously I'm missing something.  If I do set it, it seems to have the same
> effect superficially as fink's exporting it via .profile/init.sh

Yes, but since .profile is evaluated later, whatever it does will
override what's set in the plist. Thus, changes in the plist will have
no effect on shell sessions that set the same variable.

Nor, as far as I can tell, will anything the OP does with respect to
his @INC. My best guess about that his "unable to create a
distribution object" relates to many of the files under ~/.cpan being
owned by root. This whole Fink/@INC/PERL5LIB subthread is little more
than a pointless distraction that won't solve the OP's actual problem.

sherm--

--
Cocoa programming in Perl:
http://camelbones.sourceforge.net