At 10:38 -0400 6/10/11, Sherm Pendley wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM, John Delacour <j...@bd8.com> wrote:
>> What would be the effect of setting a value (or no value) for PERL5LIB in
>> ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist?
>
>That plist is for setting up environment variables for GUI apps. It
>has no effect on shell sessions.

That's not the case for 10.3.9. Has it changed?

I have been defining $PERL5LIB and some other stuff  in environment.plist for
years mostly because of AppleScripts I like to use. Most of the scripts are
executed with osascript from a shell and they work fine with no additional
redefinition in .tcshrc.

They also work OK when I log in to 10.3.9  from a Linux box or use bbedit
worksheets.

I always thought environment.plist was just a way to be sure things were set
immediately after the sort of login that is used to start up the machine rather
than waiting for a shell style login.
--

--> A fair tax is one that you pay but I don't <--