Hi,

This usually means that the directory structure is corrupt.  If the Disk Repair
in Disk Utility does not do the trick, then best to backup any files you can
and reformat then restore.  There are utilities that attempt to rebuild the
directory, but many also say that you should grab what data you can then
reformat/reinstall to get best results.

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada