Hi ET,

Try opening iTunes, then up to the File menu, down to Library, then choose
either Organize or Consolidate Library.  Either or both to see if iTunes begins
to recognize your library on the Mac first.  A side question, do you subscribe
to either Apple Music or iTunes Match and thus have a Cloud based library?

Later...

Tim Kilburn
Fort McMurray, AB Canada