While you can switch back to modern view, your settings won’t stick. If you
close your message view window after making the change to eliminate the preview
pane, or if you exit mail and go back in, the preview pane is back. At last,
that’s what happened to me after I made the change. Only way to make the
preview pane stay gone is to stay in class view. A shame, because I’ve kinda
gotten to like modern view.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY