Greetings...

So I run a bunch of mailing lists, with a bunch of people who are not
technically adept whatsoever. ("I am not getting list posts! "That's
because you set yourself to no mail" "What's no mail?" "It means you set
yourself to be a member of the list, but not to get any email from it."
"Oh that's good." "So we're good then?" "But why am I not getting any
emails from the list?" *headdesk*--yes this was an actual conversation
with a user.)

People are, of course, bitching about the from_is_list setting removing
the email addresses of people who are sending email to the lists. (And
people aren't quite understanding that it's helpful to sign one's
emails, etc.

So I updated to 2.1.18-1 today. Now we have a Reply-To that has the
poster's email and the list's email address.

A few of the lists I run block emails with more than one recipient, so
now this is going to be an adventure. (Ok, more like a nightmare, as
right now it appears my choices are "make reply-to only the list"
("anonymous_list") or "make reply-to the poster and the list.")

I wonder if this solution might be more helpful here--something like
what Google Groups is doing. Changing the From line to this:

'First Last <firstl...@domain.com>' via List Title
<list-addr...@googlegroups.com>

This still shows the poster's email address (as the Real Name), which
makes it easier for people to reply privately if they choose, and still
addresses the DMARC issue.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Best,
--Glenn