On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 03:42:53PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> In article <20170204100707.z5qygog6vzs5d...@ikki.ethgen.ch> you write:
> >I have a private mail server in hetzner network (5.9.7.51). ...
>
> Considering how much spam gushes out of Hetzner, it's surprising that
> anyone accepts your mail at all.  On my network I've had all of 5.9/16
> blocked for years with zero complaints from my users.
>
> If it's important to you that people accept your mail, you might
> consider finding a host with better managed networks.  But if it's
> not important to you, it's not important to anyone else.

I host lua-l, a large mailing list both in terms of subscribers and
postings, on Hetzner.  The only people we ever have deliverability
problems with are Gmail, and that's only for an hour or two at a time.

As somebody reporting spam, I find Hetzner extremely responsible: they
provide quick responses and follow-ups saying what has been done.  Also,
to be a Hetzner customer you need to provide a scan of government-issued
ID; if they kick you it's for life.

On the other hand, I can't ever recall receiving an email from an OVH or
AWS EC3 IP address I ever wanted.

B.