On Sat, 4 Feb 2017, at 15:51, Rob Kendrick wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 03:42:53PM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> > In article <20170204100707.z5qygog6vzs5d...@ikki.ethgen.ch> you write:
> > >I have a private mail server in hetzner network (5.9.7.51). ...
> >
> > Considering how much spam gushes out of Hetzner, it's surprising that
> > anyone accepts your mail at all.  On my network I've had all of 5.9/16
> > blocked for years with zero complaints from my users.
> >
> > If it's important to you that people accept your mail, you might
> > consider finding a host with better managed networks.  But if it's
> > not important to you, it's not important to anyone else.
>
> I host lua-l, a large mailing list both in terms of subscribers and
> postings, on Hetzner.  The only people we ever have deliverability
> problems with are Gmail, and that's only for an hour or two at a time.

Same for my private server at Hetzner. And those rare temporary delays
when delivering to Gmail might not even be reputation based but rather
due to Gmail's internal mechanics.

> As somebody reporting spam, I find Hetzner extremely responsible

I am also reporting spam and feeding BLs. Hetzner is definitely
dealing with reports responsibly and also responsive. Moreover, I am
not seeing more spam from Hetzner than from other large providers.
Anyway, that's generally no reason to block whole networks.

I am not sure if the support team of a provider the size of Hetzner
can be compared to those of Microsoft, Google, Amazon etc., but my
personal experience suggests that Hetzner is very responsive, they
actually reply to mail(!) whereas getting valuable support from
Microsoft and Gmail is usually a PITA.

--
-- Andreas

    :-)