On Thu, 9 Feb 2017 03:24:09 +0100, Andreas Ziegler <m...@andreas-ziegler.de>
wrote:

>btw, does anyone know if the big providers take into account that some
>spam is only forwarded, not originating?

I know of at least one very large provider that makes no attempt to identify
spam as forwarded, and where IPs that emit a certain persistent percentage of
spam over a particular span of time will first have their traffic be marked as
spam, and some time later see it refused absolutely at the edge.

>we have many customers who want to forward their mail from
>someth...@myname.com to their gmail/hotmail/etc. mailboxes - which
>sometimes leads to problems if they receive many spam mails

They might want to explore whether their provider or their client can access
the remote account by POP or IMAP rather than forwarding.  Many fewer issues
for all concerned will arise.

mdr
--
   "There will be more spam."