> In my experience with the banking industry, they think of their email as
> something that their customers always want to read for sure.

I remember a story from many years ago.  A bank had spammed somebody after
they had opted out.  The story from the bank was that they had  opted out of
marketing material but this was something else.  I forget the name.  It was
something like customer information.

Ever since then, I've put banks in the clueless bin.  I'm sure that doesn't
apply to some banks, but it would be interesting to see a survey of banks
clue level compared to other industries and/or see if it has changed over
time.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.