On 21/10/2022 15:36, Bjoern Franke via mailop wrote:

And then tld.t-online.de sends e.g contact form spam from "anonym...@hostmaster.telekom.de" and produces backscatter. They don't even apply their own rules to their customers. Why should we accept mail from tld.t-online.de when we don't know who's reponsible for it?

I think it has been mentioned multiple times in this massive thread, that you don't have to. Just like they don't.

However I wouldn't recommend taking the same allowlist-based approach. If you really-really want some attribution, just start requiring the existence of an SPF record.

Wishing you a good day,
Taavi