On Thu, 20 Oct 2022 20:47:40 +0200 (CEST), Bernardo Reino via mailop
<mailop@mailop.org> wrote:

>However, I still find that Postel's law should apply, in any context, and
>specifically in this one. You want to run an e-mail server and don't want to
>be
>blocked, so you should (liberally) accept, instead of "being like them" and
>block unfairly (for some definition of fairness anyway).
>
>After all, this is what we (should) teach our kids, so I'm a bit surprised
>that
>some people are proposing (or have already implemented) doing the
>eye-for-an-eye
>(or was it a tooth?) to T-Online.
>
>*We* can do better, and we should do better ;-)

Another rule from an earlier era outlines one of the fundamental principles of
the Internet Agreement:  I will accept your traffic, subject to my policies
and agreements, if you will accept mine, subject to your policies and
agreements.

As noted in the .sig below, things don't entirely work in this world as they
are assumed to work in the other.

mdr
--
         "There are no laws here, only agreements."
                -- Masahiko