On 1/30/19 7:26 PM, Italo Vignoli wrote:
The fact that you do not see the request for donations from Thunderbird confirms what I have written in my previous message:

Your screen does not reflect in any way what actually happens on any of my machines. And I am quite sure that I have never done anything to avoid seeing it.  That's my whole point. If that screen was visible to me or my users, I would have scripted into my setup workflow some way to avoid that. But I don't have any scripts for Thunderbird except for backup and restore. I never needed to search the internet asking how to hide/disable it and encounter only evasion. I didn't have to read through any source code in order to find answers.  Despite the fact that Thunderbird has publicly proclaimed that they are basically a dead, homeless project, they have managed to not once force their donation pixels onto any part of my screen.

When open-source projects turn to intrusive begging, the marketing message that I hear is that the project is dying. I start looking for viable alternatives at that point.  Hopefully I am once again only one in a million who picks up on that marketing message.

Justin