From: "Jim Farmelant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 1:33 AM
Subject: Re: [Marxism-Thaxis] Vienna Circle etc.

On Thu, 3 Apr 2008 17:05:10 +0100 "rasherrs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:
> How does A.J. Ayer fit into this matter of the peculiarities of the
> reception of logical empiricism into the anglophone world. I
> obtained my
> initial more direct experience of it throug Ayer's titles?

Ayer was politically a social democrat.  During the 1930s
he flirted with joining the British CP but declined to do
because of the incompatibility between diamat
and his own logical empiricism.  Thereafter, he was
a longtime supporter of the British Labour Party,
except for a few years in the early 1980s when
he supported the breakaway Social Democratic
Party.