-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ralph
Dumain
Sent: 03 April 2008 08:45
To: marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu
Subject: Re: [Marxism-Thaxis] Vienna Circle etc.

Bad grammar aside, I thought my point was non-mysterious.  If, after
I've given a detailed argument as to why some philosophy is false and
harmful, someone retorts that philosopher X actually had politically
progressive views, why should I then be more favorably disposed
towards said bullshit?

Your question is the reverse: what individuals (thinkers, presumably)
do I find fruitful though not politically progressive? I would
imagine there must be thousands, but why is this even a question?

The more important question in either of these scenarios is: is there
an intrinsic connection between a body of thought and a politics, and
what is its nature?  The case of Heidegger is a particularly apt
example, though there are countless others.