-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ralph
Dumain
Sent: 03 April 2008 05:08
To: marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu
Subject: Re: [Marxism-Thaxis] Vienna Circle etc.

I wonder if this is unequivocally true about the Frankfurters.  For
sure, Adorno, Horkheimer, and Marcuse had an animus against
positivism, but it is not necessarily the case that they viewed the
neopositivists themselves as reactionaries.  The closest approach to
specific animosity I can think of is some correspondence in the '30s
I read about where Horkheimer refused to participate in dialogue with
Neurath, but I don't trust my memory.

I would like to point out for the general purpose of such
discussions, I am not terribly impressed to show a favorable attitude
towards philosophies just because some of their proponents were
political progressive individuals.  This shows a rather provincial
approach to intellectual problems and their broader ideological
implications.