Tim Hart (from the Getty) has been trying to organize us all to share
web data with each other for several years.

I think he might compare the effort to that of "trying to herd cats".
(excuse me for putting words in your mouth, Tim!)

http://www.ehow.com/how_2023491_herd-cats.html

Perhaps this is a moment in time when we might feel more inclined to
share our stats in some way...   ??

Diana

Diana Folsom
Manager, Art & Education Systems
Collections Management Dept.
LACMA
5905 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90036
voice 323-857-6594
fax 323-857-6213

Check out new material in LACMA's Collections Online
http://CollectionsOnline.lacma.org