Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:25:59 -0400
From: Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Which Apple should I buy?
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

The iBooks should work with an external mouse and keyboard, if they are
USB.  If they are older ones with the little round connectors then no.

An external monitor will need a little pigtail to connect the monitor's
cable to the mini-DV port on the iBook.  Apple store sells them, be sure
you get the one for your model.

I have a G4 PowerBook 1Ghz and 768M RAM it does streaming video,
e.g. YouTube just fine with our cable internet service; can't speak to
how it would work on DSL i'd guess it might have a little more chance of
being choppy but that really just means you're trying to suck more through
of the pipe than it can deliver.

Allan

--
1983 300D