Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 12:55:18 -0500
From: "Dwight E. Giles, Jr" <degco...@cox.net>
To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] glowing in the cold

Yesterday morning at 14F I fired my OM602 off with only one glow-barely
turned a revolution. Different from the other OM 616 I had which I would
double glow in the teens and sometimes triple  glow when the single digits
arrived. I do have block heater on the 300D (OM 602) but don't use it or
need to.

On my current 240D I have a jury rigged manual GP relay system-Fred
recognizes the relay as a Ford relay of some kind. Anyway I just hold the
button for 30, 60, 90 or however many seconds-also can use it as an
afterglow of sorts for a little bit.
Dwight

Dwight E. Giles, Jr.
1978 240D 4 speed. 218K + miles.?
1990 300D 2.5t 170K miles.
Wickford, RI

This a.m. it was 27 deg F.  Glowed the '87 once until the glow plug
relay shut off, then re-started the relay, let her glow for another 20
seconds or so and she fired up fairly quickly.  Big cloud of smoke.

-Max