I DID NOT COOK THE STARTER!! Idiot son did the job, I had to clean up after the mess.

There is a crank until you win situation for these old cars. One can crank the thing for 30 seconds. Then you really need to let it rest and cool down. But 30 seconds is a REALLY long time when you actually have to do it. A 30 second earthquake seems like forever.

Gump, with the delivery valve issue has been taking excessive attempts to light off. Somewhere in the system is a kill gremlin that will boot you off after 15-20 seconds or less. No idea why, it just cuts off the cranking and you have to start all over again.

clay