Hi Dieselhead,

I believe your info is incomplete.  My info says that engine was available in a
carburetor version until 1990.

I am now at work, more or less, and I checked my records.  The car I had (in
March 2006) was a 1984 230CE and it was carbureted.  Last 7 digits of the VIN
were: AO95696.   I distinctly remember the carburetor, because it backfired
repeatedly thru the carburetor when we tried to start it, and I had to put out
more than one minor flame-up.  Which put the Fear of God into a couple of
casual onlookers, btw.  :)

It was a great little collectible car, but it needed a lot of restoration.

Thanks, Dwight, for the pics.  That is definitely a different car than the one
I briefly had custody of, from what I can tell from those lousy pics.  Mine was
a coupe.  Sheesh, could he have taken a WORSE picture???    They reminded me of
the pics Vinny Gambini had in MY COUSIN VINNY, taken through a filthy screen.
:)  God, I love that movie!

Tom Schuch

SE Connecticut

1975 W115 300D (may be going up for sale shortly to make some room)

and a bunch of BMWs (adding a 6th today)

Message: 2