Was yours maybe a 230C rather than a 230CE? I thought the E made it injected...

Of course we have no idea the abomination some previous owner may have made of
the car...

-Curt

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 07:58:16 -0500
From: tom tomscat <tomsc...@hotmail.com>
To: mercedes diesel <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: [MBZ] 1984 230E

Hi Dieselhead,

I believe your info is incomplete.  My info says that engine was available in a
carburetor version until 1990.

am now at work, more or less, and I checked my records.  The car I had
(in March 2006) was a 1984 230CE and it was carbureted.  Last 7 digits
of the VIN were: AO95696.   I distinctly remember the carburetor,
because it backfired repeatedly thru the carburetor when we tried to
start it, and I had to put out more than one minor flame-up.  Which put
the Fear of God into a couple of casual onlookers, btw.  :)