On 22/06/2011 3:49 PM, glenn brown wrote:
What do you guys know about pressure washers?  What to look for?  What to
avoid, besides Sears?
TIA.

G. M. Brown
Brevard, NC

Bigger is better.

Keeps hands, feet etc out of the path of the spray.

Be sure to winterize if you live where it gets cold enough to matter.

I have 2 of them. My first is/was a Campbell Hausfeld unit - 4 HP Briggs - vertical shaft 1600PSI. Works OK. Really could use a bit more umph if you want to remove grease from an engine or that sort of thing. Has an adjustable wand so you don't swap the individual heads on and off. Wand broke after a couple of years and was expensive to replace. It is now out at the lake.

Second one is a bit bigger but a Chinese clone of some sort. More pressure - 2250 or 2400 PSI or some such claim. Horizontal shaft and pump. Individual nozzles rather than adjustable. I like it better.

Neither one was expensive. You could easily pay twice as much as I paid for either of these, especially if you want a genuine Honda engine etc. Not really worth it in my opinion unless you really plan to work it hard.
I don't use it much but it serves my purpose pretty well.

Randy