All good points about "bigger is better" if you want to really peel paint
with it.  I presently have a Honda powered  [8 hp] one that puts out 3500
psi at the tip.  It has the quick disconnect tip set which I find very handy
since it allows lots of variation in the washers use.

I also purchased a separate attachment for it that uses water pressure to
blast sand.  Previous sand blasters I've had used air pressure and were
always over tasking the compressors.  At 3500 PSI water pressure , not the
case.  Talk about "power cleaning" !!!
Down to bare metal in seconds.  Obviously, do not use it on sheet metal
parts.

In the past year of use, no problems with the engine or wash pump.  I
suggest that for winter storage you want to use a product called Staybil in
the gas tank which keeps the fuel from turning to varnish, and make sure the
hoses and pump are drained of water if you are above the freeze line.

Bigger cost more money, so the question to be answered is "what do I really
want to use it for"... a smaller unit with 2000 PSI pressure will do a nice
job if you are only washing your car of hosing off the deck, but if you run
mud bogs and have sea gulls on the deck you will need more volume and
pressure, thus more cost.