I don't know anything about stringent rules for WVO.  The manager at the
local burger joint that I called seemed to have no qualms in giving away
their fryer oil.

Obviously, unless the oil were free I wouldn't be interested.  The whole
point is to turn a waste product into something useful while reducing (in a
small way) dependence on petroleum products.