here in the SF Bay area, running WVO was so popular for a while that there's an abundance of 616s and 617s in the local yards. AAMOF, you can't give away a non-running 617 now to some local junkyards unless you tow it to their front door and sign it over; that's how many of them were killed by people running WVO in them (with and without conversions).

i'm of the opinion that all the heating customizations that Curt mentions are absolutely necessary, and that's not necessarily enough. $1000 for a conversion is probably toward the minimum, and that might not be enough. even still, i've seen vehicles that had the most proper conversions and still had problems, and they all seem to have the same thing in common; they were used for short commutes. those short commutes were too short to get everything hot enough, and they didn't get the engine oil hot enough for long enough to evaporate all the crud that would get into the engine oil.

bottom line; if you don't have a good long commute and want to keep your car for a while, WVO conversions probably aren't for you. buy BioD instead.

cheers!