In my neck of the woods, the only way to buy a 617 is to wait for 3
years till one comes into a yard, buy a craigslist crackvertised car
to strip then crush, or have one shipped in and pay big $$$.

I guess that skews my perspective, but the viscosity difference is a
real issue. The difference in HP needed to turn the pump can cause the
injection advance mechanism on the intermediate shaft (behind vac
pump) to not advance at it's set rate as well.

It will run, you can drive, but I cringe whenever I see it done.

It's up to the person doing it to evaluate what the time filtering,
processing, etc is worth to them.

I personally will pay the cash for the pre-made Bio or petro, since my
time is worth more to me than the money going into the tank. You can
always make more money. You can never make more time.

Walt