On 27/02/2012 3:51 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
These kind of posts make me laugh, I commute 110 miles every day with a 240D,
have been doing so for years. The hills here aren't all that big but I do have
a 600' elevation change between home and work.

MA drivers are considered some of the more aggressive in the world and I've never had a
serious problem with my car "not being fast enough". Somebody said the other
day that a 240D is happiest at 60mph, I disagree I think they like best to be flogged up
to 80, that keeps the carbon out of the engine.

Curt

Hey the land is pretty flat around here. I am fine driving it south to Grand Forks ND etc. Even on most of the hills in western Manitoba it is not too bad if it is just me in the car. However, when we go to the lake there is often at least 3 of us and the trunk will be full etc. It just seems to have a hard time getting up to highway speed going uphill on the way west out of Kenora. Once we are at cruising speed, no problem. I also don't really find it slow in the city traffic here but we don't have freeways in Winnipeg so not much of an issue of trying to merge up to speed.

Randy