From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>

"Best" is a very relative concept. I like the Jetta/Passat. A gasser of either will run in the $18-20k range, the TDI Jetta starts around $23k with the Passat about $3k more.

G:  Those are good prices.

My in-laws have a Fusion, I think theirs is a 2008. Its a very good toaster of a car. Boring as all get out but gets you from here to there. If I were wanting toaster transportation I'd probably go with that, for a bit more driving excitement a Jetta/Passat with preference to the TDI.

G: As I mentioned in another email, my son has a Fusion Hybrid, but you can't touch one for $25K around here. That would be a great choice since it's a good solid car that rides well and has comfortable seats. My son averaged 37 mpg between Nashville and Orlando driving 80 mph.

I'm not a good judge of air-conditioning, we so rarely "need" it. The last couple days commuting its been relatively warm but although the AC works on my 190D I rarely use it, I can handle the heat just fine...

-Curt

G: The Fusion Hybrid A/C could have frozen us out on a 200 mile trip we made.

Thanks,
Gerry