Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 15:07:36 -0400
From: "Gerry Archer" <arche...@embarqmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] RE;  New car expensive parts. was: my kinda car

Okay, you convinced me.  What's the best riding, best seated car for long
trips that can be bought for around $25K or less?
Also, which company has the most reasonably priced parts?  Coldest air
conditioning?
Also, what's a SanGauge?  Internet turns up nothing related to car repair.
Gerry

From: "Curt Raymond" <curtlud...@yahoo.com>
I think that argument (which goes back a long time) is a waste of breath.
I've got a 2003 Ranger - zero electronics failures. My '96 Dodge Dakota had
the oil pressure sender fail, cheap easy fix. My '88 GMC - zero electronics
failures. My wife's '91 Ford Tempo used to have ignition controller failures
every 25,000 miles or so. It was a simple fix, you were supposed to buy a
special tool but I modified an 8mm socket to fit. I think the controller was
$25 or $30...

Everybody says "you can't work on cars anymore" which is ever so much bunk.
Sure you need a SanGauge or VAG-COM but its really just a special wrench.

-Curt