my point is mainly that it is super suspicious that there is always this
story of an "evil power" intent on "taking over the world" to "enslave"
everyone unless we stop them.  it is the stuff of pro wrestling and
children's cartoons and it is nonsense.  combine this with our missionary
zeal to aggressively "free" those who are "enslaved" around the world and
we have become one of the greatest menaces to human life and liberty in the
history of the world.  i read an article just the other day that cites 8
million dead since WWII at the hands of the USA war machine. , i think the
american are finally starting to smarten up, albeit in small but growing
numbers, that joining the syrian civil war is not actually going to serve
to "make the world safe for democracy"  american imperialism ought not be
tolerated by the people and the warfare state needs to be dismantled.  to
much of the world, we are today that "crazy enemy force" and i believe our
survival as a nation depends on people opposing our behaving in the manner
that makes us such

i'd like you to recognize that opposition to massacre of civilian
populations as retribution for war crimes committed by unrelated members of
the same nation is not an unreasonable position,.  some of us do not
support this and some of us will not murderous military adventures around
the globe, both for moral and pragmatic reasons.  i suggest instead that
war is best avoided, even if you are the biggest kid on the block and can
do the lion's share of the killing

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So wait, whats your point again? You seemed to be suggesting that we had
> no real reason to stop the Japanese from taking over the world which was
> clearly their ambition in the '40s. I suggested that their heavy handed
> system of occupation was pretty clear in China, stuff like war prisoners
> buried alive, using dead bodies for bayonet practice, the use of comfort
> women, etc.
>
> This actually fits in with Craig's message earlier, the force used at
> Nagasaki and Hiroshima was massive but the Japanese had engaged in such a
> horrible war it was a justified use of force to stop a frankly crazy enemy
> force.
>
> Occupation is never a good thing but the US occupation of Japan can't in
> any way be compared with Japanese occupation of anywhere in any terms other
> than to say the US was as civilized as possible and the Japanese were
> horrible in general...
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 10:45:29 -0400
> From: Gary Hurst <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] buymbparts is dead drunk and rattling
>
> and many are not so thrilled with USA occupation.  you'd figure maybe this
> would give a 3rd party, say russia, the right to nuke baltimore?  you'd be
> satisfied with that or do your principle only apply to other and not the
> USA?
>
> you don't address the point i make anyway.  it is absolutely pointless to
> engage in this discussion as there is no actual discussion

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*