i'm suggesting you aren't listening and are conducting a monologue.  i
haven't spoken of pearl harbor.  i am talking about making everyone we
disagree with in any way the "ultimate enemy" who seeks to enslave he world
and that was must stop them and save the world.  it is stupid, childish and
destructive and to ascribe noble motivations to it is just bizarre.  the
perpetual war machine is a lie and i am expressing my opposition to it.
maybe it's like the boy who cried wolf.  stop telling the same stupid story
as a lie as it might just turn out that someday it might be true.  for now,
i'm not believing any cries of "necessary" or "just" wars and am presuming
all wars are a sham unless shown otherwise . as it stands now, i will
oppose any present and future USA war as i feel i've been had too many
times with this same silly story

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So you're suggesting when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor we should have
> just sat back and done nothing?
>
> I agree with you on Iraq and Afghanistan and I suspect we'd agree on
> Vietnam too but when you try to take the same ideal back into WWII your
> argument falls apart and you slip into grumbling old man territory. They're
> completely different sets of situations.
> In the first we decided we didn't like what was going on so we trumped up
> some reasons to go change things.
>
> In the latter we were attacked and responded. When it comes to war the
> only way to finish (I won't say win, I don't really think you ever win) is
> to be meaner and nastier and than the other guy. For us that meant the
> nukes. We could have carpet bombed housing complexes in Tokyo, in fact
> thats probably what we'd have ended up doing otherwise.
>
> -Curt
>
> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 13:34:51 -0400
> From: Gary Hurst <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] buymbparts is dead drunk and rattling
>
> i'm not really caught up on the particular issue, but rather on this whole
> messianic complex that we must constantly be  "liberating" people from
> "enslavement" by evil forces trying to "take over the world."  it is stupid
> and mendacious  and it has gotten me cynical about all war.
>
> as to the question of whether i can massacre civilians to reduce casualties
> between combatants, i'm inclined to say "no" but i'd really rather be
> addressing not fighting the war to begin with.
>
> by invading occupying places such as iraq and afghanistan, all you do,
> other than making certain select special interests richer, is spend a ton
> of money you don't have to enrage the locals against you and erode your
> credibility in the eyes of the world.  the people who push for these
> programs justify them by using this nonsensical rhetoric and i'd like to
> cut them off right there!

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*