i'm not really caught up on the particular issue, but rather on this whole
messianic complex that we must constantly be  "liberating" people from
"enslavement" by evil forces trying to "take over the world."  it is stupid
and mendacious  and it has gotten me cynical about all war.

as to the question of whether i can massacre civilians to reduce casualties
between combatants, i'm inclined to say "no" but i'd really rather be
addressing not fighting the war to begin with.

by invading occupying places such as iraq and afghanistan, all you do,
other than making certain select special interests richer, is spend a ton
of money you don't have to enrage the locals against you and erode your
credibility in the eyes of the world.  the people who push for these
programs justify them by using this nonsensical rhetoric and i'd like to
cut them off right there!

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What was the alternative? We saw how difficult it was to take Iwo Jima and
> other pacific islands. The Japanese weren't about to just stop and lay down
> their arms.
>
> We're talking about an Imperialist government that had proven it had zero
> regard for any of the peoples it enslaved. Thats not our theoretical
> enslavement, they really did roll into places like China and the
> Philippines and enslave them. If those "innocent people" that we dropped
> nukes on had said "No don't do this" to their own government we wouldn't
> have had to make our move. We had to convince the Japanese leadership that
> we had the biggest stick on the planet and they had two options: stop
> fighting and learn to place nice or die.
>
> Witness what happened afterward, we went from big bad bully with the stick
> to Japan's best friend. We rebuilt the place and set them up to bypass us
> in manufacturing prowess, then bought everything they made...
>
> Of course we apparently also taught them how to screw up the gravy train.
>
> -Curt
>

> Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 12:56:41 -0400
> From: Gary Hurst <jabbahur...@gmail.com>
> To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> Subject: Re: [MBZ] buymbparts is dead drunk and rattling
>
> my point is mainly that it is super suspicious that there is always this
> story of an "evil power" intent on "taking over the world" to "enslave"
> everyone unless we stop them.  it is the stuff of pro wrestling and
> children's cartoons and it is nonsense.  combine this with our missionary
> zeal to aggressively "free" those who are "enslaved" around the world and
> we have become one of the greatest menaces to human life and liberty in the
> history of the world.  i read an article just the other day that cites 8
> million dead since WWII at the hands of the USA war machine. , i think the
> american are finally starting to smarten up, albeit in small but growing
> numbers, that joining the syrian civil war is not actually going to serve
> to "make the world safe for democracy"  american imperialism ought not be
> tolerated by the people and the warfare state needs to be dismantled.  to
> much of the world, we are today that "crazy enemy force" and i believe our
> survival as a nation depends on people opposing our behaving in the manner
> that makes us such
>
> i'd like you to recognize that opposition to massacre of civilian
> populations as retribution for war crimes committed by unrelated members of
> the same nation is not an unreasonable position,.  some of us do not
> support this and some of us will not murderous military adventures around
> the globe, both for moral and pragmatic reasons.  i suggest instead that
> war is best avoided, even if you are the biggest kid on the block and can
> do the lion's share of the killing

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars

*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com*