"With the 240D,
I've come close to being t-boned a time or two because I just wasn't quick
enough accelerating."

I say the rat bastards with there rock climbers will just have to weight and slow down. As slow as your (and my) 240D is it is still much faster than walking or taking the horse and buggy. People should be thankful of that fact. I thought the rural folk in Iowa would not be so yuppified as to realize that? I do pull over into the breakdown lane and let people pass when entering a highway on ramp though just as an act of kindness. Other than that they can wait the 2 to 5 extra seconds. It does not hurt that much compared to the real problems in the world, ....like not having food.

Regards Tom Scordato
Bellefonte PA
77 300D slow
79 240D slower