To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:09 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240 vs SD Go

Amen to the story.  One of my most memorable was several years ago when I
had a thrice weekly trip from Western Indiana into Indianapolis.  After a
bad snow/ice storm when the interstate was just reopened and still very icy,
I was doing about 40 mph - probably faster than I should have, and was
almost blown off the road by an 18 wheeler.  About as scared as I ever got
on that road.  10 miles later I saw this very innocent faced driver trying
to explain to a trooper how his rig had ended up with the front end on one
guard rail and the other end on the opposite one when he couldn't stay on
the road for an exit ramp.  I felt like stopping and adding my version of
how it might have happened.  Didn't though.  Probably should have.
BillR
Jacksonville  FL
1981 300SD  EM  270072 miles