You have to take into consideration the power (including torque) to weight
ratio. That Karman Ghia wieghted what, 2200 lb.? The 240D was more like
3400 lb., but had far more torque than HP.
The R107 looks fast, so ought to be somewhat fast. It's a grand touring car
afterall.
I'm a firm believer in "you can't have too much HP", but usually can't
afford to purchase or feed as much as you'd like.

The 450SLC had decent power, but the three speed tranny sucked. (So did the
fuel economy.) The 380's I drove were anemic, the 560's were just about
right.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM, WILTON <wilt...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I managed to move along fairly well in a 47hp Karman Ghia and a 67hp(?)
> '80 240D.   ;<)
>
> Wilt
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Hurst" <jabbahur...@gmail.com>

OK Don
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin 1775
"in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
- Benjamin Franklin 1789
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!