R A Bennell wrote:

My wife ripped a bit of a hole into the bottom of the tranny oilpan on an 86
Taurus that we had a while back. She ran over a curb that was hidden in some
snow and snagged the oil drain plug that I had thoughtfully installed myself
to make changing the tranny oil cleaner and easier. Unfortunately, that
little bung was about the lowest thing on the car. She didn't realize it and
drove it home. Next morning we had this pool of red on the garage floor.
Didn't hurt the tranny - just cost a used tranny oilpan and some new oil. I
was even able to drive it to a local tranny shop as it was winter and cold
out.

That is impressive. I don't think I've ever heard of a Taurus transmission that didn't destruct. ;)

Tom