Werner Fehlauer wrote:
First, glad to hear that the driver came through OK. But the damage really doesn't look that hard to repair, assuming the door frames aren't distorted. By missing the bumper, the energy was absorbed by the fender sheet metal, from what I can see - which would mean that the frame and bumper supports are still pretty much in alignment. What I see from the pictures is a left rear fender, trunklid, and under the trunk sheetmetal.

It looked to me like one of the rear subframe mounts was bent, too. That suggests to me that the whole frame will have to be checked for misalignment. Otherwise he runs the risk of having the car fixed only to find it will never go down the road straight again.