I found a refurb Belkin Netcam on Amazon for cheepcheep, arrived this morning, took about 3min to set it up, works great. You can set motion sensing at various levels, sends an email when it detects some motion. Can view on various devices. Easy and cheap solution.

I guess I will abandon the old one, or find the setup software and see if i can see it on a winders box.

--R

On 7/8/15 12:33 PM, Tim Crone wrote:

On Jul 6, 2015 1:41 PM, "Rich Thomas via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>> wrote:

> Or, web cam and existing fone or ipad...
>
> Now I am wondering if I could use a cheap tablet as a monitor for it, somehow. I have an old Android phone and an old ifone too, there is a VLC app for the phones and ipad, so I am wondering if that might work somehow. If I could get it working then I could buy one of those $50 tablets and have a continuous monitor. THere might be some other apps too, I have not looked into it.

I have an application called TinyCam (Android) that does this, no idea whether it will support your camera. I have also heard of IP Cam and Quick Cam (I think). There are another hundred of these apps in the store, many of them hardware specific, if the generic ones don't work. I assume the Apple store is similarly blessed with options.

I would not bother with VLC for this use, at least on Android. I expect one of the aforementioned apps will work more conveniently.

Best,
Tim