Alles.Last night I said that these things come in threes. Well #3 was that this morning the olde and rusty '87 300TD was stone dead, no lights, no start, again.Broken ground strap. Wait for it. As I was replacing the ground strap, it came to my attention that the whole cap of the shock tower was moving in unison with my wrench. Sh*t!It is almost adrift, which explains the occasional shimmy in the front end.Visions of flying off the road with my grand daughter yesterday played in my head.Maybe somebody up there is trying to get my attention! Thank you! Fred Moir.Lynn MA.Diesel preferred. _______________________________________

I had that happen in my old 110 rustbucket 190Dc winter car. I took pieces of sheet metal, and self drilling sheet metal screws and stabilized the shock tower. I drove it that way a couple more years until the car was permanently retired. The 124, where the strut is also the suspension may be a little more tricky, but I am sure you can manufacture something to keep the strut bearing in place, M/L.