You have to have the switch in the 1 position (Run) for the plug to pull out.

Robert Massmann via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
October 15, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Well I got the steering lock out steering colum. I ground the locking pin until the assembly came out since I couldn't get the key to turn. Semi good news is that the same lock mechanism is in my dead 87 "190 2.5 Turbo diesel.

Question should I be able to pull the connector plug on the end of the ignition switch with the tumbler still in place or will I have to start cutting.

The plan is to use the steering lock and tumbler from the 190 and get a matching tumbler for the E300D, so I do not have to dig into and change all the locks over!

Bob Massmann
1995 E300D