black licorice also does weird things with drugs.  I'm not making this up -
the chemicals in black licorice affect the metabolism of other drugs.  Just
blanking on how ...

In another example, if you're on statins for high cholesterol, don't drink
grapefruit juice because parts of the juice inhibit metabolism of the drug.
For the geeks, it's a cytochrome P450 interaction.

Diesel relevance - a med school classmate of mine was lubing her door hinges
with WD-40 (her request) and smacked my 300D's trunk lid with her POS Ford
Contour.