Assuming your SEL has 9004 bulbs, let's hope nobody tried to install
higher wattage versions (say, 100/80 instead of 60/55). If that's the
case, you have see something like this:

http://www.w124performance.com/images/W124_headlights/9004_conn_melted.jpg

Otherwise, just try cleaning the connectors on the bulb and/or
headlamp, and checking for loose grounds, etc.

:)

-Dave M.