Hopefully it's just the socket for the bulb -- take the bulb out and take a look. They tend to corrode, and a bad connection will cause low current flow (and a melted socket from the extra resistance, alas). The bulb can also be going bad, and this will cause the problem as well.

Clean and grease, or a new bulb should fix it.

However, I found I had a wiring problem on the 300D, or a bad bulb out warning relay ($200 +), so I ran a new wire. The lamp out bulb is always on on low beam and most of the time now anyway -- I suspect the relay, but haven't popped for one yet.

Check the voltage at the lamp socket -- if you don't have battery voltage, it's wiring or the relay.

Peter